Subject: Re: Which ethernet card to buy?
To: Andrew Gillham <>
From: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/05/1995 10:56:09
At  1:05 AM 95.5.3 -0400, Andrew Gillham wrote:
>I have a IIcx that I occasionally run NetBSD/Mac on, and would
>like to add an ethernet card.  What is the best supported card?
>I would like to get an Asante card if that is known to work.
>(what's the exact model number that is supported?)

I am running NetBSD with an Asante card, Maccon MC+IIET64, on IIcx.
It works well with the NetBSD 1.0A (GENERIC) #25 kernel but not with
the #29 kernel. I have not tried the #31 kernel yet.
If you get "ae0 time out error" on your screen, you should change the

Hope this helps,

****            杉本 喜久  Yoshihisa SUGIMOTO              ****
*    1st Dpt. of Medicine / Medical Information Center            *
*    Shiga University of Medical Science, Ohtsu, Shiga, Japan     *