Subject: Re: chat script that redials
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 05/03/1995 08:55:47
>Could anyone give me a chat script that redials until it connects when
>the line is busy, dead, or what-have-you?  My current chat script
>simply gives up on it under such situations.  It's kinda hard for the
>shell script (that forks pppd off) to tell whether pppd succeeded or
>not (it can't hear the modem negotiate with the remote modem ;-), so I
>want to make my chat script a little more persistent (needless to say
>chat is one of the worst programming languages I've ever seen ;-).
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Ken

I may be completely wrong, but isn't this something you can do with the
command that you send to the modem, Instead of sending ATDT xxx-xxxx  send
something that sets up a redial mode?

I've been thinking of the same thing, but haven't done anything about it.
If you figure it out, please let us all know.

Brad

Stephen B. "Brad" Salai                       bsalai@cyber1.servtech.com
Cumpston & Shaw                               Office (716) 325-5553
Two State Street                              Home   (716) 377-4624
Rochester, NY 14614