Subject: Re: pine and mush
To: Patrick Killourhy <killourh@chaph.usc.edu>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@remus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/29/1995 11:52:51
You wrote:

> ----
> Has anybody gotten pine or mush to compile properly?  Pine compiles
> for me, but it doesn't save configs and it can't find the user's mail.
> Mush won't even compile.
> ----
>
> I haven't built pine successfully yet because of unrelated problems
> that the netbsd10.patched kernel has with fast drives (apparently),
> but pico built fine back when I was on my slower drive...

I got to build them okay, with FreeBSD patches plus some minor tweaks.
Apply the patches, then change all instances of

1)	#ifdef __FreeBSD__
and
	#if ... defined(__FreeBSD__) ...
	#if ... defined(__FreeBSD__) || defined(__NetBSD__) ...

2)	#ifndef __FreeBSD__
and
	#if ... !defined(__FreeBSD__) ...
	#if ... !define(__FreeBSD__) && !defined(__NetBSD__) ...

That's about it, I think.  I wanted a mail UA with pop support but
pine doesn't support pop and I didn't like its user-interface, so I
dumped it.  As I remember, it didn't take any more than changing
#ifdef's...

Hope this helps,

Ken