Subject: Re: IIsi/vi ADB home page.
To: None <magnus@MIT.EDU, macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: kr <kr@shell.portal.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/22/1995 03:36:46
At 16:34 95-04-21, Daniel Risacher wrote:
>Anyone interested should look at:
>
>html://www-im.lcs.mit.edu/homedirs/magnus/www/IIsi-adb.html

I have read this stuff. But I have not yet looked at the source code for
MacBSD, so I really do not know how this stuff works.

But let me ask you this: as the ADB stuff seems to assume usage of low-mem
Apple Global variables, how is this fact dealt with by the MacBSD kernel ?
What is the load address of the kernel ? Is this low-mem space kept free,
so the ROM routines can freely muck around in it ? It is clear that if
anything that is needed for MacBSD is loaded in the low-mem area, the
result will be rather ill-fated when ROM routines are then called, and the
(virtual) sparks will fly.

Greetings
Markus Krummenacker