Subject: Re: Console Ownership
To: Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.EDU>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/22/1995 22:21:32
> 	I've noticed that NetBSD doesn't seem to change the ownership
> of /dev/console to the user who's logged in there.
> 	I notice that the ownership of /dev/ttye0 is changed, though.

That's 'cause you're logging into /dev/ttye0.  If you change /etc/ttys
to run getty on the console instead, that might work for you.  I forget
why this isn't a good idea, but I remember being yelled at for it once
upon a time.  It would, incidentally, make it unnecessary to change
/etc/ttys when you switch between ite and serial consoles.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **