Subject: g77
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <graul@cgl.ucsf.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/15/1995 13:59:37
First, thanks to the Alice team for doing such a great job.  I
am running NetBSD on my Mac IIvx, accessing it through the
serial line.

Second, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the g77
binary?  We have some FORTRAN programs at school which I would
like to get running under NetBSD.  If it is not available, I
am willing to try to build it myself.  I downloaded
g77-0.5.13.tar.gz.  The documentation says that you need the
gcc source in order to build g77, so I also downloaded
gcc-2.6.3.tar.gz.  Since building gcc replaces some installed
libraries, I want to make sure I don't mess anything up.  What
is the proper configuration to use?  The closest one seems to
be m68k-unknown-netbsd.  Are there any precautions that I
should take?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Rick