Subject: X trouble....
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Lee <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/13/1995 23:22:54
Hi, all!

I am in the process of getting X to run.  I downloaded and installed
everything according to the instructions.  When I type "startx", it says
"xinit: not found."  But _IS_ installed!  I
checked the priviledges and they were set correctly.  Any help is

BTW, has anyone gotten either X or dt to run on an SE/30 with Xceed 8-bit
video card (with the grayscale adapter for internal monitor installed)?  dt
core dumps and it gave a warning message about weird video memory mapping
when the kernel starts up.  I am kinda worried about getting X to work....

Steven H. Lee