Subject: Re: Various ethernet bugs
To: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
From: John D. Smerdon <jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/07/1995 19:38:04
At 01:19 PM 04/07/95, Chris Jones wrote:
>After the machine is on-line for somewhere around a day, I get an
>error to the effect of "ae0: device timeout".

What type of system and which kernel are you using?

>The Asante troubleshooting software that came with my card (Asante
>something-or-other) claims the card has 64K RAM.  netbsd, when it
>starts up, claims it's only 32K.  I assuming I should believe Asante's
>software.

It's probably 64k, the ethernet driver code only checks for 32k of memory.

>I feel like there are other errors, but I don't remember them right

I don't get any errors, but then on my two Mac ethernet network, there is
not that much activity. :-)

--
John D. Smerdon;  Plymouth, Michigan, USA;  Contents are my opinion.
Home: jds@smerdon.plymouth.mi.us