Subject: Re: ttyxx->serial port mapping
To: None <Jim_Ravan@avid.com, macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel Risacher <magnus@im.lcs.mit.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 04/02/1995 22:12:25
I assume you have a IIsi-
I have experienced the symptoms you describe.

I fixed it by :
1. turning on the serial port in /etc/ttys
	modem port is tty00
	printer port is tty01

2. turning off everything else.
console should be off
ttye0 should be off.

I also had trouble because I managed to cpin
/etc/ttys with all the \n characters changed
to \r (newlines->carriage returns)
Marc Parmet's port of Emacs did this automatically
and I didn't realize it.

If I boot single-user I have serial console checked
If I boot multi-user I have only serial-echo checked

hope that helps
-Daniel Risacher