Subject: Re: violent cd rom tendancies... (long)
To: Erik Vogan <vogan@auriga.rose.brandeis.edu>
From: Hans Loots <Hans.Loots@knoware.nl>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/29/1995 04:42:51
On Mon, 27 Mar 1995, Erik Vogan wrote:

> 	Has anyone mounted a cdrom, and if so, what kind of drive do you
> have ?  Does anyone else have an NEC cdrom drive, or do you know where I

It IS possible to use a cdrom player with MacBSD:

regjit.root 103:mount
/dev/sd1a on / type ufs (local)
/dev/sd0g on /smalldisk type ufs (local)
/dev/cd0a on /cdrom type cd9660 (local, read-only)

It would have been helpfull if you included the output from "dmesg" in
your posting. This is what I see:

 targ 4 lun 0: <PHILIPS, CM 210, 1.04> SCSI1 5/cdrom removable
cd0 at scsibus0: cd present, 294901 x 2048 byte records

If you don't see anything that does resemble this, I guess you're out of
luck. Maybe upgrading to a newer kernel will help.

-- Hans

-------
Hans Loots
Hans.Loots@knoware.nl