Subject: Re: Serial Port on SE/30
To: Hans Loots <Hans.Loots@knoware.nl>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/23/1995 21:43:26
> You're right, but I've seen a lot of people with Mac CPU accelerators and
> serial problems on Mac newsgroups in the last couple of years.
> That's why it wouldn't surprise me if MacBSD would work with Daystar
> boards (the same goes for A/UX, for example)

NetBSD has had mixed results on the Daystar boards.  It ran on a
Mac II with a 40MHz board (with the cache disabled), but someone
reported problems with it more recently.  I haven't got one, so I
haven't played with it.  I am not sure how much is involved in
getting it working with the caches enabled.  It would probably be
the same things that will need to be done for the IIci cache card
to be utilized.

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **