Subject: Re: Serial Port on SE/30
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
From: Adrian Forte <gforte@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/23/1995 23:59:31
On Thu, 23 Mar 1995, Allen Briggs wrote:

> NetBSD has had mixed results on the Daystar boards.  It ran on a
> Mac II with a 40MHz board (with the cache disabled), but someone
> reported problems with it more recently.  I haven't got one, so I
> haven't played with it.  I am not sure how much is involved in
> getting it working with the caches enabled.  It would probably be
> the same things that will need to be done for the IIci cache card
> to be utilized.

Anyone try it on a Mac IIx with a Daystar Turbo 040 33? I dumped all of
my MacBSD stuff when I got the board. Guess I should give it a go.

A small aside. What killed BSD for me the last time was never being able
to get dt to work, and thus never being able to use my monitor. I simply
don't have the room to install a terminal, nor would I wish to add yet
another piece of hardware in my house. :(

Please, someone, focus more on support for video cards. I have a standard
apple video card (supported on the hardware compatibility list). Not to
nag, but my support really waned after about three weeks of no success.
Still, we live in hope. ;)

Regards, etc.

Adrian Forte         = I can keep honest counsel, ride, run, mar a curious tale
                     = in telling it, and deliver a plain message bluntly: that
ISI Systems Group    = which ordinary men are fit for, I am qualified in; and
Network Operations   = the best of me is diligence.
  gforte@bgu.edu              http://http.ecn.bgu.edu/users/gforte/adrian.html
  adrian@tccisi.com           marcus@furrymuck