Subject: Re: forwarded question regarding MacBSD
To: Jon Cargille <jcargill@cs.wisc.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/23/1995 13:31:52
[ Jon, I didn't cc: John Buttitto on this, so you'll have to forward or
  digest & forward, whatever...  ;-) ]

> Does anyone have any information about the "PowerPC upgrade card" that
> this person is talking about?  Any idea whether it will interfere with
> him running MacBSD on his Quadra 700?  And for that matter, will the
> Quadra 700 run MacBSD?  I think I remember Allen saying not long ago
> that he was working on support for it...

I don't believe that the PPC upgrade card will affect BSD, but I haven't
got the cash to find out.  I am occasionally working on the Q700, but
am not making leaps and bounds of progress (yet).  I have some ideas to
try, but I'm currently busy tying up loose strings on the more mainstream
things...

So, in order...  "no, but I'd love for someone to send me one ;-)"
"it shouldn't"  "not yet"  "I did and I am"  :-)

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **