Subject: Re: Serial Port on SE/30
To: None <Hans.Loots@knoware.nl>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/23/1995 12:56:23
   Date: Thu, 23 Mar 1995 06:39:48 +0100 (MET)
   From: Hans Loots <Hans.Loots@knoware.nl>

   On Thu, 23 Mar 1995, Haru Mizuno wrote:

   >      > 	 How to configrate serial ports?
   >
   > Assuming that you're asking about the way to activate serial ports...
   >      >
   >      > 	 I checked 'serial console' at booter. But my SE/30 wasn't
   >      >  booted. When it was not checked, SE/30 was boot with no problems.

   Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the original poster mentioned that he
   used a Daystar accelerator card. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that
   card is causing the trouble here.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, but didn't he also say he had no
trouble with his SE/30 if the internal video was console?  I took it
as DayStar PowerCache works with MacBSD... am I wrong?

Ken