Subject: forwarded question regarding MacBSD
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Cargille <jcargill@cs.wisc.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/23/1995 10:24:46
Does anyone have any information about the "PowerPC upgrade card" that
this person is talking about?  Any idea whether it will interfere with
him running MacBSD on his Quadra 700?  And for that matter, will the
Quadra 700 run MacBSD?  I think I remember Allen saying not long ago
that he was working on support for it...

Thanks,

Jon

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: John Buttitto <johnbu@comm.mot.com>
Subject: Need information

I have a MAC conversion from a Quadra 700 to a 601 Power PC. I can switch
back and fourth between the two CPU's and am in need of a real version of
Unix for my MAC. I was thinking of trying to use netbsd running under the
68040 as my Unix side but would like to know if anyone knows about if this would
work. I am running the Apple upgrade card for the 601.

If you have any information on the CD that you offer on netbsd, or the
method the MAC would use to boot up to Unix, I would like to hear from
someone. I would like to order a copy of the CD if I can talk myself into
trying it on the 68040 side of my MAC.

Thanks!