Subject: Re: MacBSD on CD-ROM?
To: Yulim Tan <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/20/1995 09:14:32
> Hi, the new kernel and X11R6 works great but since it's been
> installed, the "ps" command doesn't work any longer. Where is the pb?

I thought that this was in a FAQ somewhere...

Q) I updated my kernel and some commands no longer work--like 'ps' and 'w'.

A) Several programs, including ps(1) and w(1), use information in the
   kernel and will therefore break if any of the relevant data structures
   change size.  To fix this problem, you can either recompile the
   program in question (including libkvm, too), or, in the case of 'ps,'
   you can make sure that /proc is mounted and use the 'procps' program
   (available from the cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu ftp site).

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **