Subject: Building Shared Libraries---Info Request
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/13/1995 12:26:17
Presuming that one has access and can resolve the licensing stuff. . .

As I said, presuming all that, what development tools would you need to get
from a Sun3 in order to build shared libraries on MacBSD.  I know you would
need ld,, and as as a minimum.  Do you need the Sun versions of nm,
ar, or anything else as well?

Also let me ask the question the other way around, even though this is not
a Sun mail list:  If you are using gcc on a SunOS4 system what native tools
do you need to keep around in order to keep the ability to build shared

Henry B. Hotz

The opinions expressed are my own,
not Loral's, and not Librascope's.