Subject: PPP & Binary File Transfers
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tres Hofmeister <tres@rap.ucar.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/13/1995 00:29:26
	I'm noticing that pppd seems to have trouble with binary file
transfers (certainly on my system, anyway... :).  Text transfers are
fine, but binaries cause rcp(1) or ftp(1) to hang regularly, for
20-30 seconds at a time.  I'm running 1.0, with the base and comp
stuff from ftp.eskimo.com built from the March 5th sources, on an
SE/30.  Kernel is GENERIC #29 from the same place.

	I'm assuming my modem configuration is fine (hardware flow
control, appropriate cable, etc.), as I have no such trouble under
MacOS using MacPPP.  Here's /etc/ppp/options:

tty00 38400 defaultroute passive crtscts netmask 255.255.255.0 connect "chat -f /etc/ppp/chatscript"

	Any suggestions?  Thanks...

--Tres