Subject: Re: fsck and others die with Floating Point exception
To: None <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@romulus.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/10/1995 13:18:16
   Date: Fri, 10 Mar 1995 08:27:46 +0100
   From: Yulim Tan <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
   CC: macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG, macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG
   Sender: owner-macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG

   >Well I have seemed to have found the problem.  I moved my root/usr
   >partition to the beginning of the drive.  The swap one after it, and then
   >the MAC OS partition.  Guess what.  It works, no problems with fsck at all.
   >Very strange, does anyone know why this happens?

   Yes, I had this pb too the first time I tried to install NetBSD. I had
   macOS partitions before unix ones and it crashed several times. The
   pb disappeared when I moved macOS partitions to the end. All seems to
   run okay now.

Strange... I do have a MacOS partition on each of my two drives, and
never had a problem with that (I make the MacOS partitions certain
sizes so that each BSD partition is nicely aligned at the cylinder
boundary).

Just let me know if anyone's interested to see my partition
assignments; I could send you disklabel output.

Ken