Subject: Questions: PPP and SCSI-based Ethernet boxes
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Myers <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 03/08/1995 09:19:24
Two questions:

1) Has anybody got a working pppd script?  Here's what I try to do:

pppd crtscts defaultroute connect "chat -f" /dev/tty00 57600

where (digex being my service provider) has a sequence of
send-expect pairs, like this:

ATDT9825658 login:
<login-name> password:

This doesn't work.  In fact, nothing at all appears to be happening; just a
"failed to connect" message 45 seconds after hitting the return key.
However, I know the modem is reachable on /dev/tty00, because cu has no
problems at all.

2) Will macbsd be able to support those SCSI Ethernet boxes?  My SE/30 has
got its one slot full already with a video card, but I'd like to try

Thanks for your help.

David C. Myers