Subject: Re: Style Writer II
To: None <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/22/1995 19:03:50
   Date: Wed, 22 Feb 1995 15:12:35 +0100
   From: Yulim Tan <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>

   What should I do to make my StyleWriter II work with netbsd 1.0?

I've been pondering almost the same thing for a while... only mine's
a StyleWriter (not II).

   I've looked at /etc/printcap but there's no much information and I've
   heard about /dev/lp and the need of filters/drivers but did not
   find them.

As far as I know, there does not exist any StyleWriter driver except
for the ones come with MacOS.  There isn't even Windows driver for the
printer.  Basically what we have to do is figure out the protocol for
the printer by monitoring the serial line connecting the printer and
the Mac... Or is the kind of information available from Apple without
NDA?

Ken