Subject: Re: X issues: Amiga binaries, olwm, up- and down-arrow keys
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David C. Myers <pp001628@interramp.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/20/1995 17:56:36
>>     ld.so: Unable to locate library libXpm
>
>Do a 'man ldd' or 'man ldconfig.'  I forget where the info is, exactly.
>Anyway, either set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the location of the
>libXpm file, or run ldconfig to add that directory to the cached list
>(you might want to add this to rc.local).  Note that there are security
>concerns if you do this.

Running ldconfig on fvwm's directories partially does the trick.  But there
appears to be a bigger problem: fvwm also expects libXext and libXt to be
shared libraries, and apparently they're not.  Is there any way I can build
a shared library from the current libXext.a and libXt.a?  I tried various
combinations like:

   ld -Bdynamic -llibXext.a

but didn't get very far.

This is fascinating.  And I once thought I knew UNIX pretty well!  Thanks
for any replies.

-David.

David C. Myers                                     dcmyers@access.digex.net
                                                     pp001628@interramp.com