Subject: Re: quadra
To: Charles J. Williams <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>
From: None <jsoohoo@netcom.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/17/1995 12:31:42
"Charles J. Williams" <chas@ohm.nrl.navy.mil>writes:

>In message <199502171412.JAA03053@hamlet.umd.edu>,Peter Brewer writes:
>>I still have my Apple II. It got me through college. Definitely a luxury!

>dare i mention that my hs had trs-80's, model i, ii, iii, and yes, even
>a iv later on.  i still remember the high res graphics, 128x48  whee.

Hmm, I suspect there are a number of years separating you two during your
"college years".   But just to thow in my .5 cents, when I went to college
I had an IBM XT clone.  When I got it (just to put it in perspective), 10
months later they came out with the PS/2 series.  I still have that XT with
that 20MB harddive (yes it still works).  The next computer I bought was a
Quadra 650 (that's why I'm here). I bought that Quadra about a year ago.

>In message <199502171412.JAA03053@hamlet.umd.edu>,Peter Brewer writes:
>>I still have my Apple II. It got me through college. Definitely a luxury!

>dare i mention that my hs had trs-80's, model i, ii, iii, and yes, even
>a iv later on.  i still remember the high res graphics, 128x48  whee.

Hmm, I suspect there are a number of years separating you two during your
"college years".   But just to thow in my half-cent, when I went to college
I had an IBM XT clone.  When I got it (just to put it in perspective), 10
months later they came out with the PS/2 series.  I still have that XT with
that 20MB harddive (yes it still works).  The next computer I bought was a
Quadra 650 (that's why I'm here). I bought that Quadra about a year ago.

But I digress...
 I've been looking around for a public domain Unix that will run on my
Quadra.  Now I thought MacLinux was gonna be it, but that turned out to be a
big joke.  I like so many are looking and waiting patientely (since my
programming skills in a Unix environment are limited I can only sit and watch).
So my question:

Is there a group working on Unix for the 68040?  If so, how soon will a
beta version be out for the general public?