Subject: MacBSD on LC475
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert FIGUIERE <b2515@hp720v.iut-orsay.fr>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/17/1995 10:24:23
Ken Nakata wrote :
> The way I understand it, it's the Quadra's SCSI chip, ADB chip and so
> on, not the 68040, what prevents MacBSD from running on '040 models.
> In fact, Amiga and HP300 ports *do* run on '040 (although nobody seems
> to have tried to run MacBSD on an '030 Mac with an '040 accelerator).

I have tried to boot my LC475 using netbsd_GENERIC#25 kernel, and I got
ONE gray (blue) bar... Then everything froze.
Does the gray bar tells where boot hangs ? I know that hardware is not
supported, but had never been able to get any gray bar until now. But
is has been told that 68040 might work now...

Config :
	LC 475 (68LC040)
	12 MB RAM
	System 7.5