Subject: ppp, ethernet, router & dns pointers???
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: noud@knoware.nl <noud@indy.knoware.nl>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/17/1995 10:21:46
Hi,

I've read the FAQ & macbsd-general up to 0070.
I'm kind of a unix, how do they call it, newby.
(did some unix 8 or 9 years ago in school, that's it)
Well, and the last 5 or 6 weeks, I had a refresment.

What I want: some pointers that help me to setup MacBSD as:
- ppp client on "com1" and ppp server on "com2" (pppd can do both!?)
- being able to see my internal apple ethertalk network.
- a routed setup that routs ppp->ethertalk/ethernet->ppp (2 step process?)
- and last I would like to have my own dns (etc/hosts or named?)

I'm very eagar to get this to work, it's for a foundation i love much.
They give cultural & cult info about my region to the net.
I founded it, we've got 8 active people th support the project jet.
It's based on volunteers, spare time and very low-budget.
Bit like Allis but much more down to earth.
We can be found on http://193.78.85.3.
Without help I think I will need another 4 or 5 weeks.

So, some configuration pointers would be greath.
ThanX Noud