Subject: in promptu shutdown while reading hostname.ae0
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ivan Alves <alves@econ.ubc.ca>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/16/1995 10:10:31
Hi,

I am using Brad Grantham's Dec03 kernel.  It recognizes the Asante card I
have installed, but upon running hostname.ae0 the computer simply shuts
down. I am clueless as to what is causing the shutdown and I thought
somebody might have seen this before.  I believe it has to do with running
the inet line in hostname.ae0 (I am very novice with unix so I do not fully
understand the working of this file).  I have a IIci with 8MB RAM and an
ATTO cache card (which by the way I am not even sure is seen by the kernel.

I also tried to get the latest generic kernel #25.  It seems that MRG does
not like my mac since it hangs while booting up.

Any help getting the IIci 'on-line' would be greatly appreciated.

Ivan Alves

Ivan B. Alves - alves@econ.ubc.ca