Subject: Re: How to get started?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/15/1995 16:41:50
Ken Nakata wrote:

>    Date: Wed, 15 Feb 95 13:33 EST
>    From: tnelson@telesciences.com (Tracy M Nelson)
>    Sender: owner-macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG
>
>    What do I need so far as a compiler goes?  I assume my
>    copy of Code Warrior is going to be pretty useless in this regard.  Please
>    don't tell me I have to get a copy of GCC for the 68K and cross-compile...
>
> How about Tenon's MachTen?  It comes with GCC, X11, and all other
> sorts of standard UNIX tools (... Brad, some info please? ;-).

Um...  Allen Briggs would be able to help more as far as cross-compiling
using MachTen.  All I know is that it is capable of doing the
job; it's basically 4.3 BSD with the Gnu tools.  (It'll never be
as dear to me as MacBSD, though.) If you want more general information
on the MachTen product, you should go to http://www.tenon.com/.

		-Brad
--
http://acm.vt.edu/~grantham/  ----------- Brad Grantham, grantham@tenon.com
Confidence is the belief that you can successfully improvise when presented