Subject: Mac IIvx
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tom Marschner <tom@peptide.chem.washington.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/15/1995 15:50:08
Hi,

I took my first stab at installing NetBSD on to my IIvx last night.  I was
able to boot up in single user mode but when I tried booting to multiuser I
got a panic and it fell into what appears to be some type of debugger
(prompt: 'db>').
There was some kind of message pertaining to a change in the state(?) of
the kernel (something like switching from 1 to 0, I think).   I was using
the serial console to monitor the boot process.  Has anyone out there had a
problem like this?  BTW: I went through the checklist in the FAQ and still
haven't had any luck.

Std Disclaimer:  I am not, have never been, nor have I ever claimed to be
knowledgable about UNIX!!!

/                                Tom Marschner                              \
\                         tom@peptide.chem.washington.edu                   /
\                            "Witty quote goes here!"                       /
=