Subject: Re: hardware clock
To: Yulim Tan <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/15/1995 09:46:23
> Will there be a patch for the hardware clock on mac bsd?
>
> I may start to program a tool like xclock or xcalendar... but it would
> be totally useless without a right date :-p

Maybe...  Depends on what you mean.  Erik Vogen (sp?) has given me
some code that properly reads the time from the PRAM on at least some
machines.  I am in the process of patching the kernel with it and that
should be available in the current sources by this weekend.  If, though,
you are worried about the mac losing time as it runs, that's a different
problem and I (or someone) needs to look into that in more detail.  I
have an idea what the problem is, but no easy fix.

Is xclock not part of the X11R6 tarball (I haven't installed that, yet).

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **