Subject: Re: Motif
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/14/1995 16:34:04
On Feb 14,  3:58pm, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>On Tue, 14 Feb 95 16:24:36 EST
> mjo@epoch.ncsc.mil (Michael J. Oehler) wrote:
>
> > Both of these imply that the binaries are distributable! Way Cool.
> > OK, I may not be able to get the include files which prohibits
> > compiling. Not Cool, but it's a start.
>
>To my knowledge, only binaries *linked* against Motif libraries (a'la
>Mosaic) are distributable.  The libraries themselves are a no-no...

There was a furor a while back about the licensing changes to 1.2 that
seem to indicate that not even *binaries* linked against 1.2 or greater
are distributable.

Of course, I could be wrong.  (It's been known to happen. ;-)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

It seems like the less a statesman amounts to, the more he loves the
flag.