Subject: netbsd10.patched on IIsi
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Patrick Killourhy <killourh@chaph.usc.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/13/1995 18:09:27
I've finally acquired an apple nubus adapter with '882, and I've managed
to get my IIsi (5 mb ram, 90mb internal hd, 210 mb external hd, 12"
apple color monitor, apple ext, kb, apple mouse) to boot using the
netbsd10.patched kernel, in single user mode, using a Wyse-50 clone
terminal I have on the modem port as the console. This works just fine,
I can boot up, get a shell, and can do all the usual unix things.. I
haven't tried compiling anything because I haven't installed the comp10
package yet, but I don't forsee any problems with it. The problems I
do have are this: dt refuses to run at all, it just hangs.. I can drop
it into the background with ^Z, and continue to work, but I never get
dt up on the mac's monitor. I'm also unable to get vipw to work. When I
run it, the system crashes and drops me into the kernel debugger...

Unfortunately, I can't give a specific error message from that right now,
because my Mac is not near any sort of
'net connection, and I haven't been able to play with anything else
much, because my time is real limited. The system also refuses to boot
multi-user. (I did turn off the auto-size ram box, and set ram to 4 mb,
because I remember some README on cray-ymp saying something about
problems with the IIsi's bank scheme.. still nothing.)