Subject: Re: Well, MacBSD is running on the SE/30 now...
To: David C. Myers <pp001628@interramp.com>
From: Adrian Forte <gforte@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/12/1995 02:38:43
On Sat, 11 Feb 1995, David C. Myers wrote:

> With help from Allen Briggs, I got NetBSD running on my SE/30 (had the
> wrong version of the booter -- simple enough), but it's pretty unstable.
> Every time I try to run vipw to change passwords, I get a "panic: biodone
> already" message. I think my passwd file got screwed up in a crash once, so
> I can't log in as root under multiuser anymore.  Can anyone help me over
> these hurdles?  Many thanks...

When my passwd file got screwed up, along with a few others, I just
re-installed it from the distribution set. Simple enough task assuming
you haven't made any changes.

I suggest that, I'm sure someone has a less violent way, but...

If you follow my somewhat blunt methodology, be sure to keep a log of any
changes you make, just in case you have to do it again.

Adrian Forte         = I can keep honest counsel, ride, run, mar a curious tale
                     = in telling it, and deliver a plain message bluntly: that
Internet Services    = which ordinary men are fit for, I am qualified in; and
Consultant           = the best of me is diligence.
 email:gforte@bgu.edu          http://http.ecn.bgu.edu/users/gforte/adrian.html