Subject: Re: Troubles with Ethernet
To: Andy Henson <jahenso@netcom.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/11/1995 13:27:50
> I recently installed the mrg kernel, and ran into this same problem.  When I
> asked some advice about it, I was told that I needed to recompile ps and
> <darn..can't remember>.  Can someone elaborate on this a bit?

It's been covered before, but to save you the trip through the archives,
the basic problem is that the kernel and the programs are out of sync.
Some programs read data structures out of the kernel's memory space.  If
these structures have changed, the data that these programs see can be
bogus...

This is fixed by installing new includes and rebuilding the programs in
question (usually ps and w are the most visible ones ;-).

Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@vt.edu ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **