Subject: different 7.5/7.0 boot results
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Debra M. McDonough <donough@beagle.Colorado.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/10/1995 19:56:17
I've got a Mac IIsi, no fpu, 17M RAM.  I was looking forward to the
netbsd.nofpu kernel, and when I boot it, it gets as far as the
"adb: bus subsystem" message and hangs - no surprise.  However, when
booting from System 7.5, I can hit the interrupt key and get a debug
prompt on my serial console.  Can't do much with it, since it doesn't
let me set breakpoints properly, and sometimes debugger commands cause
an exception.  But I can look at things and call routines, at least
for a while before it hangs.

If I boot from 7.0.1, However, after the "adb: bus subsystem" message,
it just hangs.  If i press the interrupt key soon enough, it starts
with the "PC is 0PCis PCis PC is unexp" and then hangs.  If I wait a
second or so, I don't even get that.

Is this just useless information, am I doing something wrong, or does
this tell somebody something?  I'm new to all of this, so...

Jim McDonough

(this is my wife's account...hence the header name)