Subject: Re: 7.5 & BSD <- o.k.? (actually about disks)
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@libra.loral.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/10/1995 12:25:07
Erik Vogan <vogan@auriga.rose.brandeis.edu> wrote:
>On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Dameon D. Welch wrote:
>
>> 2. If you have SCSI-2 devices, you get the infamous and sporatic
>> "biodone already" kernel panic.
>>

>I'm running a macBSD system with 2 SCSI-2 devices, and have never seen a
>biodone already panic.  Internal 730 (new) and external 340 (my original
>root drive).  Both quantums!!  Maybe it's a vender specific issue ??

Back when I had MacBSD running I had 3 Quantums:  40MB internal, 105MB
external, and 240MB external.  The last was the BSD drive.  The 40MB is the
original drive that came with my IIcx and does not claim to be SCSI II.

I *did* get the biodone errors.

I also had hardware problems under MacOS with that SCSI chain, so I'm not
sure how much weight to place on my experience.

Henry B. Hotz       hotz@libra.loral.com
               73730.2017@compuserve.com

The opinions expressed are my own,
not Loral's, and not Librascope's.