Subject: Re: Lapis PDS/30 video card?
To: Ken Nakata <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: William V Roth <bud@selway.umt.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/10/1995 00:55:53
On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Ken Nakata wrote:

> Has anyone successfuly used Lapis PDS/30 card?  I might get one for cheap
> price.                                       ^ I mean, with MacBSD, of course.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ken

I bought a Lapis 24 bit color board which I returned because it hung.
The problem was that Silverlining's hd formatter sends a little lite to
the corner of the screen to show read/write.  It is some type of low
level program which skips the toolbox.  It hangs the videoboard (and hung
my Micronix color board too.)  The micronix people told me to click off
the HD lite option on the silverliner hd formatter program.

I just am telling you in case you run into the same program.

Good luck

Bud

William Roth (aka Bud)   |   first year student   |   tel. 406-728-2305
1310 Gerald Ave. #4      |   UM Law School        |   bud@selway.umt.edu
Missoula, MT 59801       |   Missoula, Montana    |   Call for fax no.