Subject: Re: Troubles with Ethernet
To: Yoshihisa Sugimoto <sugimoto@sums.shiga-med.ac.jp>
From: mat <busy@aloha.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/09/1995 13:44:53
At 7:32 PM 2/9/95, Yoshihisa Sugimoto wrote:

>1) When I entered to MacBSD from SUN workstation, the connection
>was broken so easily. However, when I entered to MacBSD from Mac's,
>no troubles were found. Yes, very confortable!

I assume you're talking about 'telnet' sessions; I understand that Sun's
telnets have always kinda sucked. That might explain this.

>2) When I ftp'd to get a large file to a server, i.e. SUN
>workstation, MacBSD got down to debugger level with message
>as follows;
>
>vm_fault(d9000,22120000, 3, 0) -> 1
>  type 8, code [mmu,,ssw]:4010715
>trap type 8, code = 4010715, v = 22120000
>pid = 126, pc = 23000006, ps = 0000, sfc = 0001, dfc =0001
>Registers:
>panic: MMU fault
>Stopped at      _Debugger+0x6:  unlk    a6

Hmm, are you short on RAM? If things are getting swapped to disk during
transfers, an interrupt might be getting sent off into space somewhere..

busy@aloha.com             me!
Resident Quack,            "like a mass of protoplasm out to find pleasure"
Macintosh Geek                              -Hon. Congressman Newt Gingrich