Subject: Re: install
To: Yulim Tan <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: mat <busy@aloha.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/09/1995 13:13:09
At this point I would make sure your HDT is up-to-date if I were you.
If it is, I'd try another flavor of formatter/driver, like APS. (email me.)

At 3:14 PM 2/9/95, Yulim Tan wrote:

>>Did the installer pick up the swap partition _as_ the root partition
>>before you swapped them?
>
>I don't think so. the console's msg error was:
>mountfs (): error 22
>fountfs failed
>error 0
>And the installer invite me to go back to the finder.
>
>and when I type return to go back to the finder, 3/4 times, I had a
>bomb error 0 (Bus error).
>
>Disk Tools didn't found any damage on the Partition map, but only on
>the driver or on the next partition's boot block. Yes, it's
>really strange. I'll try disklabel and I will mail you back.
>thanks for your care!
>
>                                        Snoopy

busy@aloha.com             me!
Resident Quack,            "like a mass of protoplasm out to find pleasure"
Macintosh Geek                              -Hon. Congressman Newt Gingrich