Subject: Other video boards...
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Radke <radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/09/1995 11:33:31
> >    nubus0 at mainbus0
> >    nubus0: s:10 t:0 ", " not configured
> >
> > Is this the problem?
>
> Definitely.  Is that the exact message?  If so, it's really confused
> about that card.  Darn.  The s:10 means that it's in slot 10 (or A--slots
> on the mac start at 9, usually) which defines it's memory address among
> other things.  The t:0 means that we think it's a type 0 board when we
> thought that type 3 is video (I think it's 3 for vid.--too lazy to look
> it up).  The ", " should be "model, manufacturer" or something like
> that.  *sigh*  This was a RasterOps 208?  I'll send mail to Dave Holcomb
> to update his FAQ.

My Lapis ProColorServer 8.16 in my SE/30 works as console for
me but I too get a message like above (only mine thinks it
is in slot 9)

Is there an easy way to configure this?  I have it set as
my main screen, so console comes up there, but X starts on
the internal screen (never thought you could use X in something
that small :)  I guess I'm spoiled with my 19" HP at work...

On another note, anyone know if there is any binary compatibility
with HP's old 300/400 machines?  We have some here, I've just
never bothered trying a binary.  They are 68030 and 68040 based.
(I think we even have some 020's in a closet...  Retired them
for parts since we got our 715's)

Thanks!
Kevin

|/     |)                         ~  System Administrator
|\evin |\adke                     ~  Digital Systems Design Lab
radke@cpre1.ee.iastate.edu        ~  EE/CprE Dept - 131U Coover
Ph: (515) 294-8800                ~  Iowa State University