Subject: Re: 7.5 & BSD <- o.k.?
To: William V Roth <bud@selway.umt.edu>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1995 21:44:29
On Feb 8, 10:31pm, William V Roth wrote:
>Is NetBSD compatible with sys 7.5?  This version has no 32 bit mode init;
>therefore, I can't switch it with Mode32.  Also, I heard that Mode32 is
>unstable with an SE/30.  Is this instability preferable to running NetBSD
>with Apple's 32bit init?

There is a 7.5 version of Mode32 which is much superior to the old version;
it also works with Sys 7.1.  It is an extension rather than a control panel,
thus 32-bit mode is always available when it is installed (but you still
have to turn it on with the Memory control panel).  Try it, you may like it. ;)

~Steve

--
Steven R. Allen - wormey@eskimo.com      http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/

A.A.A.A.A.: