Subject: Re: MacBSD hangs a lot on me
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Daniel E. Eisenbud <eisenbud@sccs.swarthmore.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1995 23:27:02

> This is a FAQ -- there is a race condition in the ADB code that causes
> infinite loops is the screen is scrolling while a key is pressed.
> For details, ftp to cray-ymp.stuorg.vt.edu and look at the
> known bugs file somewhere in the /pub/NetBSD-Mac tree...
>
> I'm not sure if it affects all macs but it definitely does my se/30....
>
> workarounds:
>
> use a serial terminal (i.e. bypass ADB altogether)
>
> use the dt program (sets up a virtual desktop, just dumps core for me)

I got it from the macbsd archive, and it works beautifully.  I hadn't
seen this problem in the FAQ when I had looked, and the FTP client I
was using on my mac (Anarchie) barfed on the link to the known bugs
file, so I hadn't seen the mention of this problem there.  Thanks for
all the responses!

--
Daniel Eisenbud                                   eisenbud@sccs.swarthmore.edu
Swarthmore College                                (610) 690-5557