Subject: X Mice, buttons, etc.
To: grantham <grantham@amalthea.tenon.com>
From: Erik Vogan <vogan@auriga.rose.brandeis.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1995 23:27:23
Just a couple of quick questions:

	I'm running a 1.0 kernel (not mrg - it crashes on me) on my IIx.
I downloaded X (as made available by Brad - thanks !!!), and it seems to
run, sort of.

	I'll admit it, I'm a novice X user (at best), so I just expected
to type startX, and that it would come up all nice and pretty.  Here's
what I get:

	A hatched background, and a single console window.

	Pressing the mouse button (standard Apple ADB mouse), or either
of the 2nd and 3rd button equivalents (option --> and option <--) does
nothing.  I can type commands into the console (like xclock), but they
always come up in the upper left hand corner of the window, in front of
the console. At this point I can't regain use of the console until I
control-c out of whatever I ran.
	I get the X cursor over the background, and the arrow cursor
(with text input ability) when I'm over the console, but I can't get
resize corners.

	Can someone help me ???  Or is there any help ???  Do I need to
climb a mountain and sit with an X guru ???  Or will a couple of minutes
with a bowl of chicken soup cure my ills ???

					Thanks,

						Erik