Subject: Re: dt
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark J. Rosen <mjr@netaxs.com>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1995 21:51:07

>> I recently dl'd the binaries for 1.0, and got the dt-1.0 program as well,
>> and it just doesn't want to work at all.  When I hit return after typing
>> dt, it reads from my hard disk for a second or two, and then nothing.
>> Totally unrecoverable hang.  No cleared screen, no nothing.  If anyone's
>> seen this, is there anything I'm doing wrong?  Info:
>>
>> MacIIcx, 8 Mb RAM.
>

>Any other cards in it?  Did you download in binary? Are you in 32 bit mode?
>Just the standard crap questions but they need to be asked.

No.  Yes.  Yes.  OK.

It seems that the grf0 is not picking up my RasterOps 208 card very well,
because it doesn't seem to report anything about my screen.  Indeed, I
don't see any screen size info anywhere, but I do see a nubus unconfigured
during bootup.  So I fear I will be unable to make much use of macbsd,
cause the adb hanging problem just drives me crazy.  Oh well.

Almost ready to give up,

Mark

Mark J. Rosen              "Great spirits have always encountered
mjr@netaxs.com             violent opposition from mediocre minds"
                                   -- Albert Einstein