Subject: Re: MacBSD hangs a lot on me
To: NetBSD List <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc St-Jean <marc@qcc-hal.qcc.sk.ca>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/08/1995 18:07:15
        Reply to:   RE>MacBSD hangs a lot on me
>	I've been having two sorts of problems.  The first is just a
>minor annoyance, but I wonder if you've heard of it before of have any
>solution: when my mac is connected to Appletalk, BSD won't boot about
>3/4 of the time.  It usually stops right after it decides where the
>video mapping is, but sometimes a little later.  Unplugging my mac from
>the network seems to solve this.

I see this all the time.  I just assumed that something the MacOS to unix
swap over isn't being done in the right order. (possibly interrupt
vector replacements ?).
If a packet comes in on LocalTalk it jumps to the old interrupt
vector in the MacOS which is no longer there and boom.
If you get lucky the packet hits a little later and it jumps to the
new interrupt vector in the unix serial driver.
Just a theory.
Marc St-Jean
QCC Communications Corp.