Subject: Re: Please help!
To: Yulim Tan <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: Adrian Forte <gforte@uxa.ecn.bgu.edu>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/07/1995 17:17:49
At 9:02 PM 2/7/95, Yulim Tan wrote:
>This time, it's not a joke! Today afternoon, I ended a unix's work
>session and shut down the machine (Mac IIci) with the command:
>shutdown now, as usually.
>when the hard disk stopped to work and the prompt appeared again, I
>switched off the mac. But half an hour later, when I wanted to use it
>with macOS again, the sad mad appeared when it started to read the
>hard disk, with the message "0000 000A"   !!!!
>                            "0000 000F"
>
>My computer doesn't want to boot again. HELPPPPPPP!!! what happened?
>How can I get back the system? Is there someone who met the same pb?

Well, when I had my my BSD running, I always used shutdown -r now. I always
prefered to shutdown from the MacOS. Yeah, it takes longer, but I think it
may be just a tad safer. Ok, so I'm paranoid.

Sounds to me like you don't have a BSD problem, but a disk one. Try using a
boot disk or reinstalling your system software. I'm assuming that you don't
have Norton or Central Point?

Just a thought...

  Adrian Forte     | "The avalanche has already started.....
Internet Services  |   .....it is too late for the pebbles to vote."
   Consultant      |
  email:gforte@bgu.edu      http://http.ecn.bgu.edu/users/gforte/adrian.html