Subject: Re: Please help!
To: Yulim Tan <>
From: Andrew Charles Storms <>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/07/1995 15:12:34
On Tue, 7 Feb 1995, Yulim Tan wrote:

> This time, it's not a joke! Today afternoon, I ended a unix's work
> session and shut down the machine (Mac IIci) with the command:
> shutdown now, as usually.
> when the hard disk stopped to work and the prompt appeared again, I
> switched off the mac. But half an hour later, when I wanted to use it
> with macOS again, the sad mad appeared when it started to read the
> hard disk, with the message "0000 000A"   !!!!
> 			    "0000 000F"
    I had a similar problem.  After doing a reboot, MacOS would not recognize
my hard disk as a valid initialized drive. (ie it asked me to initailize
it at the finder)  I tried to recover the data, but that was no good.  So
I tried to boot UNIX again off the drive, but just made things worse.
Currently, the drive is being repaired.  I will find out what was wrong
in a day or two.

ANDREW STORMS                    | Visit BayMOO!  |   | Janitor, Storms|
Pager: (415) 455-4447 ; (805) 782-1262            |