Subject: Re: Please help!
To: None <Yulim.Tan@scinfo.u-nancy.fr>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/07/1995 15:27:51
> This time, it's not a joke! Today afternoon, I ended a unix's work
> session and shut down the machine (Mac IIci) with the command:
> shutdown now, as usually.

Ack! That's kinda a bad way to shut down... shutdown now just brings it
down to single-user. shutdown -r now reboots to MacOS, from where you
can use the Shutdown command on the Special menu.

You should be able to shutdown -h now and have it just turn off, but I don't
think MacBSD has that implemented yet...

> My computer doesn't want to boot again. HELPPPPPPP!!! what happened?
> How can I get back the system? Is there someone who met the same pb?

Sorry... my best bet would be to take it to a dealer in your area.
After a few shutdowns like that I'm not surprised it's not booting
happily... you could try booting off a MacOS floppy and trying
Norton Utilities (or equivalent) and then reinstalling a fresh
System Software.

Good luck!
	-Ben