Subject: Using the Installer
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bradley Carlson <carlson@Free-Net.Mpls-StPaul.MN.US>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/01/1995 11:43:31
About a month ago, Stan wrote:
>From: Stan Shebs <shebs@cygnus.com>
>How exactly does one make files that the Installer can use?  I would have
>thought any gzipped tar file would work, but no - I get
>
>        Invalid compressed data--format violated 1

I've noticed that the installer can't install GNU's 'incremental tar'
files.  I've been using these (e.g. 'tar czgf root.tar-index root.tar.gz
/') to backup all new/modified files on my system.  It would be really
convenient to be able to restore from GNU incremental backups using the
installer.

-Bradley

carlson@Free-Net.Mpls-StPaul.MN.US
"...Cause THAT'S what Tiggers love Best!"