Subject: Re: More Bogo
To: None <macbsd-general@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@sci.fi>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 02/01/1995 16:37:41
> Will that ab-original Bushman Michael Bushnell port the Hurd Mach
> microkernel and his Unix emulator, (shades of Mach Ten!) to the Mac? ( Since

 Hurd isn't a 'Mach microkernel'. Hurd runs on top of Mach 3 or newer
microkernels, I believe, acting as the server. Cr, er, MachTen is also
based on Mach 2.5 and I doubt Tenon would give out the source for it..
just getting Hurd to work with 2.5 (which is a macrokernel) would be a
major task, too, and not worthwhile just to get it working with MachTen.
 I remember rumors of someone working on a free new Mach port for Mac,
but that was a long time ago.
 'Unix emulator' ?

--
One Ruleset to rule them all, One Ruleset to find them,
One Ruleset to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

--
'Good-bye and hello, as always'