Subject: Re: ethernet
To: Chris Jones <jones@cs.montana.edu>
From: None <jweiss@MIT.EDU>
List: macbsd-general
Date: 01/30/1995 14:17:10
   I had a much more entertaining bug.  When my machine (IIci, 8M RAM,
   Asante something ethernet) tries to initialize ethernet, it turns off!
   No warnings, no hesitation; it just goes CLICK.  Seems to locate the
   ethernet card all right; it finds ethernet numbers.  Anybody have any
   ideas?

I've seen this on the IIci I'm trying to put on the net too.  From the
people I've talked to, it sounds like i is specific to the ci, but I'm
not sure of that.  I haven't heard of a solution yet, but I've been
fairly busy, and haven't been able to spend much time looking.  If you
come up with something please let me know.

	Jonathon Weiss
	jweiss@mit.edu